2 DAYS/ 1 NIGHT GAMBOA & ZAMCAMBU
DEPARTURE 8:00 AM
ARRIVAL 5:00 PM
Travelling along the amazon river for about one hour in order to get into the Peruvian indigenous community of Gamboa. Accommodation in hammocks and mosquitoes’ nets. We trek in the jungle for 2 to 3 hours in order to see the wildlife and different species such as monkeys, insects, huge trees, birds, spiders, and morphos (blue butterflies). After having lunch and taking a time to rest, in the afternoon we go to the river by boats or small canoes so that we can see the variety of birds(macaws, parrots, kingfishers, herons, toucans, horned screamers). Allegators spotting: After dinner, the guide will be able to catch some caimans with the hands to show you and put them back in the water. Nocturnal trekking: We go for about one hour into the jungle in order to see tarantulas, scorpions, snakes, lots of insects, nocturnal mammals, flogs and so forth. At night we will go to sleep in hammocks with mosquito nets.
The first thing in the morning is breakfast and afterwards canoeing around the lakes or in small channels in order to find different species of birds and monkeys. Most of the time we get into special shortcuts so that we can view more in less time. There is also the option of going to fish. These activities take one to two hours. The trip ends with having lunch in the community and returning to Leticia through the amazon River to see pink and grey dolphins.
NOTE: The tour that Expeditions George of the Jungle manages is quite flexible, managing it with a maximum of 10 people in order to not impact the environment and that our visitors have a much more personalized service.The activities and time for each one will depend not only on the group and guide but also on the season of the year: in dry seasons longer walks are done and in rainy seasons most of the activities are done by boat.
THE SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Transportation airport-agency-airport
- All meals during the excursion (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Purified water, juice, coffee, tea and milk.
- Equipment: Rubber boots, fishing rods, hammocks and mosquito nets, and first aid
- Travel Insurance
- Professional bilingual guide (English-speaking tour guides)
THE SERVICES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Entrance tax of $37.000 COP that will be charged before leaving
the Leticia airport
- Additional items (souvenirs, extra food, cigarettes, etc.)
- Air tickets (we can help you to organize cheap flight deals on
- Personal expenses: telephone calls, laundry expenses, alcoholic
- Tips for tour guides.